Journalism and nail polish. These are a few of my favorite things! And here is how I got these awesome newspaper print nails! [The prints on MY nails are recaps of Pirates and Pitt games.. but you can cut up whatever story you want ;) ]
1. Paint your nails a light color. I painted mine tan, but next time I’m going to use white so that I can see the writing better.
2. After the nail polish is dry, fill a cup with a high proof alcohol [I used vodka.]
3. Cut strips of newspaper big enough to fit right over your nail.
4. Soak you nail in the alcohol for 45 seconds and then immediately press the newspaper strip on your nail. [Make sure the newspaper is totally wet, like a temporary tattoo, or the paper will stick to your nail, as I learned the hard way.]
5. Slowly peel the newspaper off so that it doesen’t rip.
6. Finish with a clear topcoat.
7. Be totally impressed with yourself.